Friday, June 8, 2012

Handy Hubby

I made no bones about it when I was thinking about what I wanted in a husband. I wanted a handy guy. A "fix-it" man. Someone who could at least figure out what was wrong with my car, even if he couldn't fix it. Someone who could build a deck, or a bookshelf, or a whole daggum house if he wanted. 

I love my dad. But those things, he is not. He is awesome in several other ways that I sometimes look back on and think "why didn't I think of that when making my husband list?" Like, his ability to pick out clothes, or his general patience in women's clothing stores. Those are things I wish I could impart to my hubby. Alas...

But I did get a handy hubby. Will can build just about anything, with the right tools, and he loves that kind of stuff. But where his skills come in handy a lot around the house is in hanging things. Last weekend in particular, Will had to hang me some sconces. 


Will's sister gave us these sconces and I thought they would look great on the mantle. Candles from Garden Ridge gives a little color to this part of the house. 


I love these!


In the dining room, we had sconces that Will's mom had given us from Christmas that needed to be hung. 


I love my new sconces and am so glad to finally have these things hung up thanks to my handy hubby.  It really makes me feel like the house (at least the front of it) is pretty much pulled together!

No comments:

Post a Comment