Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dad's Birthday

Well, it's been a while since I wrote, but I wanted to catch you up on what's been going on in the Blackmon household. Last month, we celebrated my dad's 50th birthday! His birthday fell on a game day (the life of a basketball coach with a winter birthday). My mom and sister ended up reaching out to several former players of dad's and invited them to come and watch the game and celebrate with us. A few guys were able to come back and celebrate with us, and it was a big surprise to dad. 

DSC04851

The Generals faced off against Southside, played well, and ended up winning!

DSC04860

And, due to a new rule, when mom keeps the books at home, she has to wear a ref's jersey. After years of dad screaming at refs, I am not so sure she likes it, but rules are rules...

DSC04866

Sammy acting like an angel....acting being the key word ;)

DSC04868

The enormous cake!

DSC04870

Cutting his cake

DSC04873

Happy birthday Dad! Love you, mean it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your family! And, I am giggling at Mom in the ref's shirt....girls, we need to glam it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete