Sunday, August 26, 2012

A(n Almost) Finished Bedroom!

So, I have held off on posting too much about the master bedroom, because it just didn't feel finished to me yet. We were missing a few key pieces, the biggest being curtains. Our room was not that bright, but someone's hubby likes it super dark when he sleeps. Therefore, black out curtains were his one request. I really wanted curtains that weren't too matchy matchy, had some texture, and were long enough to touch the floor (standard length curtains don't quite cut it in our old house) and that weren't too expensive. All of that lead up to 9 months of not having any curtains. Finally, I found some online that I thought would work, and Will gave me the ok!



And here they are!


When they are closed, the room is pitch black, which lead to me sleeping in to 8:30 each night this weekend. :)


Our other new addition is the artwork in the corner. I had a print made of a photo I took at Will's families' lake house and had it framed. It seems appropriate to have some artwork that is more personal to us in our house, and I am glad we found a place for it. 


Next steps: making more use of this beautiful piece to actually hold Will's clothes rather than just to take up a corner in the bedroom. Also, a new hamper. I am rather tired of the plastic hamper from Will's college days that still has the "Dorm Life '07" sticker on it from Target. After that, we should be pretty much done!

No comments:

Post a Comment