Friday, August 17, 2012

Book Sale Here I Come!

Every year in Greenville, the Greenville Literacy Association hosts The Really Good, Really Big, Really Cheap Booksale at the University Center. Books range from $1 to $10, but you can get most great paperbacks for $1 to $2 a piece. The sale is tomorrow, starting at 8:30.

And most years, our family racks up!

As I sit here typing my list for tomorrow and prepping my strategy (people are crazy, yo!), I am once again so thankful for the city I live in and being able to be back home.

I have around 50-60 books I am looking for, and I am sure I'll find some other books I won't be able to resist once I am in the thick of it. This is time that the little old ladies get out their shopping carts and start throwing some elbows. Those gals ain't playing around! They need enough cheap Danielle Steele paperbooks to last them until the next August!

Even if I don't find exactly what I am looking for, it is almost a cultural experience to fight your way through extremely tight rows of books, trip over boxes, and wait for people to discard books they don't want to purchase.

I know I am ready, are you?

P.S. - Yes, I realize I am a total nerd. But I embrace it

No comments:

Post a Comment