Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hallway Plans


I have been putting off working on the hallway since, oh I don't know, since we moved into the house last fall. For a long time, we just have had other projects ahead of it. Then, when I really thought about it, I didn't have that many ideas of what I wanted the hallway to look like. Behold the power of Pinterest!

So I started with paint colors. Right now, the hall is basically white. I know I want something pretty neutral, because ultimately, we will probably paint the living room the same color. 


Some neutral options. 


We do have a chair rail in the hall, so maybe something like this?


Or a slightly cooler neutral.



The next biggest problem with the hallway is the lighting. We have one tiny light in the hall, and it just doesn't cut it. That may mean wiring in some new lights, so we might have to get approval from the local contractor (aka Will). 


Maybe some sconces would help us out?


Something like this?


Next, we move to what actually goes in a hallway. I think a narrow table, along with some accessories and pictures on the wall would be just about right. 


We could even do a photo arrangement like this.


Or get a cabinet with a little more of a storage option. 


A mirror would be perfect too!


Another way to accessorize a hallway table


And then, all we would need is a rug! I am thinking about a slightly more contemporary rug than what we have in the living room.



Maybe something along this line in terms of pattern, but with different colors. 

So that is my master plan, I just have to see how long it takes to put this all into place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment