Friday, January 11, 2013

Hutch Ideas

If you have been to my house or seen the blog for very often, you know my hutch in my dining room looks like this.

DSC04330

When I first finished the dining room set, I wasn't sure what to put in the hutch and decided I would wait for a while and look around to see what I wanted. Over the Christmas holiday, it actually worked out great because I had some cute Christmas plates and stuff I could use to decorate it. Now that I have put all that decor away, I decided I really need to get serious about decorating it in some way.

My mother-in-law gave me a super cool present for my birthday and invited an interior decorator who is a friend of hers over to our house for me to pick her brain a bit about a few issues, several of which were in the dining room. We came up with a couple ideas for the hutch below.


Love the mix of a few books, some decorative items, and some greenery. 


Bright plates and cookbooks could be another option. 


Love the layered dishes in different colors! The animal heads not so much...


Another mix of pottery patterns. 

Now, I just need to be keeping my eyes open for cute pieces at places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx so I can get decor I want without breaking the budget! I'll update as soon as it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment