Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Goals

Last year, instead of resolutions, I decided to set out some specific goals for 2012. After looking back, I was able to accomplish all of my initial goals, so I wanted to start 2013 out right by making a list (what better way to start the year? - Somewhere my husband is rolling his eyes)

1) Continue to stay involved with our local church and small group. This is essential for building our relationship with Christ and spurring us on to a deeper understand of Scripture. This needs to be the most important focus of ours this year and every year. 

2) Get in better shape. This year, in addition to picking up my running again, I starting joining Will by going to Crossfit. This has definitely helped me start to get stronger over the last two months, but its hard to balance lifting and running. I want to get better at that balance. I charted that I worked out 105 times in 2012, and I want to hit at least 175 workouts in 2013.

3) Reading - In 2012, I set the initial goal of reading 40 books. Eventually, I bumped it up to 52 books, 1 book per week. In 2013, I still want to read the same or more books, but I want to be more varied in what I read. Instead of just reading fiction, I want to read non-fiction, historical books, biographies, and more Christian literature. I want to be more well rounded reader in 2013.

4) Finish some key house projects. Both Will and I feel like we are getting so close to this house being as perfect as it can be for us without semi-major renovation. There are a few things that we still need to work on, such as...

  • Painting the hallway - I am almost there with a paint color, and then the hallway will be done!
  • Finish the deck - Will and his dad can see the finish line. Then we just need furniture and lighting and we will have a great outdoor entertaining area. 
  • Paint outdoor doors and shutters - This has been on my to-do list for a while, I am just afraid of the chain reaction that will virtually assure that I have to paint every piece of trim inside my whole house. It needs to be done, but I don't want to do it. 
  • Hang art in the kitchen for a pop of color. More on this soon...I have some ideas :)
  • Decorate hutch in dining room. Again, plans are in the works!
  • Spruce up guest bathroom. This is on the back burner for now, but I want to get it done in 2013. 

Here is to a productive, happy, and healthy 2013! Happy New Year Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment