Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

This year, instead of resolutions, I decided to set some goals for myself. I don't usually set any kind of resolutions or anything certain, but I wanted to be able to refer back to something throughout the year and check my progress. You know how much I like a good list :)

1. Join and get plugged in at a new church. We have been visiting several churches around and we are close to making a decision and getting going with a new church body.

2. Sign up for and run more races - I would like to try a 10K this year, run more 5K's, and possibly run another half marathon. This will help keep me in better shape, and races are always more fun then just another run in the neighborhood!

3. Finish refinishing the dining room furniture in the next few weekends. We are so close to having the front half of the house done! After the furniture and a few more finishing touches, we will be done!

4. Get the guest bedroom complete and invite people to come stay with us. There are so many people we would like to share Greenville with, but first I would like them to have a nice room to stay in!

5. Read more! I love to read, but sometimes I get stuck without a good idea for what to read next. I have been working on a reading list for 2012 that will help me with ideas the whole year round. Here's what I have so far.
  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I've never read it but I figured I would try it!)
  • The Hobbit (want to read it before the movie comes out)
  • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil 
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • Room
  • The Help
  • Anything I haven't read by Pat Conroy yet
  • Crazy Love
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holms
  • Robinson Crusoe
  • Swiss Family Robinson
  • Around the World in 80 Days
I want to mix in several additional books when the mood strikes, but I figured that would be a good list to get me started after I finish a book and don't know what to start next. 

This should be a good start for the year, I hope to update you on my progress and add additional goals as I cross these off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment