Sunday, January 8, 2012

Our 1st Outdoor Project

As far as the outside of our house, I have been pretty negligent. I haven't even really gone outside much so far since for the majority of the time it has been rainy or cold. Granted, Will has had to spend a good amount of time outside so far getting our leaves under control (let's not even talk about the amount of trees we have in our yard), but I haven't spent much time in the yard.

Don't get me wrong, I have some projects I know I want to work on, like painting all the doors and shutters and trimming some bushes in the backyard, but in general, I don't want to think about it. There are so many things that I want to do inside the house, that to add the stuff I want to do outside of the house just seems overwhelming at this point.

However, upon examining our firewood situation, Will decided something had to be done. We had our firewood far back in the backyard, sitting on the ground stacked in between two trees. There was no tarp or covering, and with all the rain we have had, any firewood we had out there was soaking wet.


Well, Will had a better idea. After getting some nice dry wood from the Rowe's farm, he fashioned up a nice new place for our firewood. 


He picked two trees closer together, and closer to the house, took some scrap wood and screwed it into the trees to create a platform for the firewood. Don't think he did this all alone, his beautiful sidekick helped. And by that, I mean Hunter, cause apparently I don't hold a level right, or something stupid like that. 

Anyways, now we have nice, dry firewood that we can use whenever we want to have a cozy fire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment