Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bookworm

For all of y'all that know me, you should know how much I love to read. I go through tons of books in the summer when I am at the lake with nothing else to do, and I am really making an effort this year to read more all year round. 

Luckily, I found an awesome new source that is going to help me with my efforts. Have you heard of GoodReads? For those of you obsessed with Pinterest (and who isn't by now), the best way I can describe is it is like Pinterest just for books!

I have different bookshelves I can put books on, and as I read books I can rate how I liked them and post reviews. The absolute best part of the website is that there is a custom recommendations tab based on your book ratings. After you rate 30 books, the site predicts other books you might like. For instance, I tell GoodReads how much I love The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins....


and then it recommends I read Divergent, by Veronica Roth.


I am in the process of trying to remember and rate books that I have read, as well as add to my "to-read" bookshelf. The only think I keep thinking is "This is going to be bad for my wallet, but good for my brain!"

Thanks to KKW for a great website recommendation! Is anyone else using GoodReads?


No comments:

Post a Comment