Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3.5 Weeks In

So far, I am a big fan of the goals vs. resolutions plan. We are about to turn the corner on several of our goals and I will have to make new ones! The anticipation of being able to cross things off my list is so motivating!

Our first goal was to identify and join a new church body. We are currently visiting Renewal Church and going through an official Partner class there. Will and I have been praying about this decision and feel like this may be the place that God has in mind for us. It will be a challenge for us, and I feel like it will spur us on to a closer relationship with God as well as with each other. It will still be several weeks before I can call this one goal completed, but I feel like we are well on our way.

Secondly, I wanted to identify and sign up for several more races this year. I think Will and I may be good to go to sign up for the Cooper River Bridge Run, which I have never done before and can't wait to participate in my first 10K. As far as the half marathon, I haven't picked one yet. I really want to do the Rock and Rock half in Savannah in November, but I may try the Spinx half here in Greenville. We will see how the the other races go....

As for the dining room furniture, we have FINALLY gotten everything sanded. It was a nightmare to sand these chairs, I'll post some pictures later. Our goal was to prime everything last weekend, then paint this weekend, and then move the furniture in. Unfortunately, last weekend it was pouring rain on Saturday and pretty chilly. Ideally, we would paint in 70 degree weather with little to no humidity, so we didn't want to chance it. New goal, prime this weekend and paint next weekend. We will get it done!

I finally have a color picked out for the guest bedroom, and I think me and Mom are going to try to paint it this weekend too. I have the bedroom mostly cleared out and just need to prep it tomorrow or Saturday.

As far as my reading goal, I am doing pretty well. I want to read at least 40 books this year, and so far I have finished 3. I have a lot more books on the list, and I'll update the list at some point.

I am hoping that in the next few weeks, I'll have to make some new goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment