Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Birthday!

Yesterday, December 30th, was my 25th birthday. For those of you who have a birthday around Christmastime, you know how it is. You have to fit your birthday in around all of the holiday celebrations and find a way to keep it somewhat separate.

My mom was always great about separating my birthday from Christmas celebrations. Our decorations were always taken down before my birthday, there was always separate wrapping paper for Christmas and birthday, and don't even get me started about combo presents. I know she always went out of her way to make my birthday special for me in a time when so much else was going on.

This year, being back in Greenville, we decided to do a family lunch, and Will and I wanted to go out for a special dinner. In a way, you get spoiled having your birthday at a time when you never have school. It just makes it that much harder when you have to work on your birthday. Luckily, Will and I both had the day off, and my company is awesome enough that you get your birthday off as a holiday. So, basically, I plan to never again work on my birthday.

Anyways, after a wonderful morning complete with Will's homemade chocolate chip pancakes and lounging around, we headed to lunch. I picked Bellacino's for lunch, and invited a bunch of people to join me. I have been told that my blog isn't scandalous enough to keep some people's interest, so I decided to post the most scandalous picture from my birthday celebrations. 


That's right, two of my favorite people in the world, my sister and my best friend Kristi (still in a bad habit of calling her my roomie, even though we haven't roomed together in almost 3 years)

\
Me and my Sammy! (side note: I have called my sister Sammy for years, even though she goes by Sam or Samantha to everyone else. Sometimes, when other people refer to her as Sammy, I catch myself thinking "That is not her name, it's Sam or Samantha. Only I can call her Sammy" - weird double standard, I know)

My two favorite girls!

The hubs and I! 

After a fun lunch, we headed back to the house, where I proceeded to try on any and all clothes I got for my birthday or Christmas in order to map out my big shopping day the next day. Kristi came over and checked out the progress on the house, and then Will and I got ready for dinner. 

Will made reservations for us at Saskatoon's, one of our favorite restaurants in Greenville. They specialize in wild game, but have some pretty killer steak and fish entrees as well. We always try to get something new when we go there, because their specials change depending on what comes in fresh that time of year. 

This time, we split an alligator appetizer, Will ordered the buffalo ribeye special, and I was craving some pecan crusted salmon. The food is always wonderful and different and we would highly recommend checking it out if you have never been. 

All in all, it was a pretty great day to ring in my quarter-century. Thanks for everyone that made it that way!



No comments:

Post a Comment