Monday, December 26, 2011

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Hello!

I hope you and your family had an amazing Christmas. Our first Christmas in our house was certainly very dear to me. Will challenged me to make a big southern breakfast on Christmas morning, and I think I delivered. Homemade buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy, bacon, and cheese grits...yumm!! I think it will have to be added to our list of traditions.

We were extremely blessed this Christmas to be able to spend so much time with each of our families, as well as blessed to have received so many wonderful gifts.

One of the cool gifts we got for the house was a beautiful mirror for our dining room. Will actually found a large mirror leaning against the wall in our garage, and we turned it over and cleaned it. Upon looking closer, it actually didn't have many blemishes, but we desperately needed a great frame.

Luckily, my uncle works for a frame shop, and I called him up with a great Christmas idea for Will and I! He came and looked at the room, let me pick from several molding samples, shaved down some of the imperfections in the glass, and brought it over the day before Christmas Eve. Then, he helped Will hang in up in about five minutes.


I think it looks so great, and really adds a lot to the room. Now we have our curtains and some beautiful sconces to add to the room. Plus that furniture we still have in our garage...I'm sure we will get working on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment