Tuesday, December 20, 2011

These Ornaments

Everyone has something. Some kind of decoration that as soon as it is up, it means Christmas to you. Without it, things just aren't the same. When I was growing up, I had a few things like that. First was my mom's homemade stockings. I watched her cross-stitch each one for months before they were done, but now that they are, I think she has pretty much subjected herself to having to give us stockings forever, because they are too pretty not to put up. (Not that I am complaining about that!)


I also loved these little gold ornaments that we used to string up between our living room and our dining room turned office. 



I remember one year when mom didn't want to put them up, and I was so disappointed I put them up myself. Plus, I don't know if you know this about me, but I have a slight touch of OCD (Will can easily confirm this for you) and I felt that there was a very specific way that they should be ordered and hung up. Of course this quickly became my job every year.  


Anyways, this year, my mom and dad decided to give the ornaments to Will and I for a house-warming/early Christmas present, and I put them up the other day. While I still think they look better at my parents house, just for sentimental reasons, I am glad to start having things in my own home that really make it Christmas for us. 



1 comment: