Monday, December 12, 2011

Dining Room Part 2

So, after painting the dining room, we went about accumulating some furniture for this room. I knew I had a set of dining room furniture that had been passed down through my family over at my Nana's house. Will and I went over there the weekend after Thanksgiving to pick it up.

Since it had been a few years since I had seen the furniture, I didn't really remember how it looked. Let's just say that it was quite a bit uglier than I had thought.

So, instead of going out a buying something new, or putting this ugly furniture in our beautifully painted room, we decided we would sand it down and paint it black. The lines of the furniture aren't bad, but the color was pretty hideous.


A couple of before shots. All in all the set includes a table with two inserts, a china cabinet and hutch, a cart, and 6 or 8 chairs. (We don't know if it has 6 or 8 because we haven't picked up the chairs from my parents house and they don't remember)

A few weeks ago we started the sanding project. So far we have sanded the table, both inserts, the china cabinet and hutch.

I am sure we will be jumping back on this project as soon as this crazy Christmas season is over and we have a "free" weekend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment