Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life Update

Well....things have been awful boring around the Blackmon house this summer. Other than some trips here and there, we really don't have much going on.

I decided to take the summer off from any more house updating. Several of the things I want to do need to wait until fall anyway, so I'm using the excuse to take a few months off from picking paint colors or worrying about what is on the wall or worrying about how to accessorize another room. Maybe instead of "being lazy" I'll market it as "saving my creative energy for later". That sounds better.

However, I have been killing it in my reading challenge. I wanted to read at least 40 books over the year, but I am already at 31. I think I'll need to pump up the goal a bit next year :)

In other news, both Will and I are hunkered down in new workout routines. Will is doing CrossFit several mornings a week led by our small group leader from Renewal. Those are some tough workouts and I do not envy the 5:20ish wake up call that comes with it. I have signed up to run the Savannah 1/2 marathon with my friend Kristi (who is inevitably going to kick my butt by like an hour). In order to get ready for that, I'm working on an 18 week training program where I am running 3 days a week and I need to do cross training twice a week. I am doing good keeping up with my running, but having trouble dragging myself out of bed for cross training. I am hoping to incorporate some P90X videos, or maybe kayaking or swimming at the lake, but so far, I am just happy to be able to keep up with the running portion for now.

So the good news is we are taking better care of ourselves, eating better, etc. Bad news? Less sleep and WAY more dirty laundry!

That's pretty much what is going on around the Blackmon home. What are you up to for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment