Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

This year, I challenged myself to read more, even though I feel like I read a lot. I originally set a goal of 40 books, and eventually bumped it up to 52 books. 1 book per week. And yesterday, I finished my 52nd book.

I think I have mentioned the website Goodreads, which really helped me keep track of books that I wanted to read. Plus, I jumped into a bookclub with my co-worker Kristin, which helped expose me to different books I might not normally pick up. This year I have read classics, fiction, non-fiction, young adult, science fiction, mystery, and I have loved the variety!

Below are some of my favorite books I have read this year. 

midnight in the garden of good and evel 

 "Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil" by John Berendt - Love how each chapter is about a different character and then how each character comes together at the end of the novel. Great mystery novel. 

the night circus 

 "The Night Circus" by Erin Morganstern - Wonderful imagery in this novel. Seriously, I think this was my favorite book club book of the year.

state of wonder 

 "State of Wonder" by Ann Patchett.  - Rich beautiful story set in the Amazon.

three cups of tea

"Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson - True story of a man building schools in order to help change the world.

the fault in our stars 

 "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green - Best young adult book I have read in a very long time. 

gone girl 

 "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn - Crazy good mystery novel. 

unbroken 

 "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand - Another brilliant non-fiction novel. This book details a WWII POW's journey through war, POW camp, and the return home. Very powerful story. 

Any of these books would make a great read. I highly encourage you to pick one of these up!

No comments:

Post a Comment