Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Recap

Will and I had a great time at our many Christmases this year and I wanted to post a recap! This year, we had 6 Christmases, which was a lot, but nothing compared to the 8 Christmases we had last year!

 Our Christmas adventures started on Sunday with a Christmas lunch with Will's mom's family. Almost the entire family was there! (1 grandmother, 5 siblings, and each of their families + 4 dogs makes for a busy and fun gathering) While I didn't bring my big camera, it was a great time to be able to see cousins/aunts/uncles/Granny we don't get to see often. And, aside from a minor ham-eating dog issue, it was a great lunch! 

 On Christmas Eve, we started with breakfast with my mom's family at my Nana's house.

  DSC04901 - Copy

Mom and Gatlin in their matching flannel!

DSC04911 - Copy

Showing off his sister's purse

DSC04921 - Copy

Ready to open some of those presents. 

DSC04927 - Copy

Listening to the Christmas story....this is a must at Nana's house. Usually we do the Christmas story and a round of what we are thankful for before presents. This year it was torture for Campbell!

DSC04929 - Copy

Guarding his pile of presents

DSC04943 - Copy

So excited for her soccer ball!

DSC04954 - Copy

Look! That dump truck can even haul Gatlin!

DSC04964

Future baller in the making!

DSC04972

Campbell's giant cardboard castle that can be colored however you want. 

On Christmas Eve night, we went to Will's parents house. We usually have a big dinner, do our presents, and then make cookies! They used to make cookies for Santa, and then to take to their grandmother's the next day, but now we just do it because it is fun! 

2012-12-24_20-47-46_660

I'm not saying any of these cookies would win a 'best decorated' award, but they tasted good at least... :)

DSC04979

Christmas morning at our house! Will's stack of presents


DSC04980

A giant present for me that I couldn't figure out what the heck it was


DSC04982

Will opening his jeep stuff!


DSC04984

Finally! A hallway table! Another post coming about this soon!

Then, like always, I made a big breakfast at our house, which Will says is "almost better than the presents". Too bad this year I totally screwed up the biscuits, so Will had to wait until the next day for the sausage gravy and biscuits part of the breakfast. 


DSC04987

Then, we went to my parents to open presents. It's always a fun time to be back at my parents house, and this year, my sister Sam was patient enough to wait on us to open all of our presents together! Plus, then we got to watch Home Alone, one of my stocking stuffers from Mom.

Finally, we headed over to my Grandmothers for Christmas dinner. 

DSC04988

Sam showing off a new scarf.


IMG_20121225_162809

And the beautiful painting that Grandmother did for me and for Samantha. She did one for our mom several years ago, and we both said we would fight over it when she was ready to give it away, but now we each have our own!

I hope your Christmas was wonderful! Now, just a few short days until my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment