Monday, December 31, 2012

Hallway Update!

I have been wanting to decorate our hallway basically since we moved in, but as a homeowner, you just have to prioritize and take it one project at a time. Our hallway decorations have been on the back burner for a long time. Well, a few weeks before Christmas, I mentioned that I found a table at World Market that I really liked. I described it to Will, and told him I would show him a picture later to see if he liked it too. After that I kinda forgot about it, and figured I would show him after the holidays, especially if I got a gift card or had a coupon.  

Well, when I opened my Christmas presents from Will, turns out the boy was really listening! He picked out the exact table I wanted, and I was super excited about it! He wasn't crazy about the idea of a table in the hall anyway, so it meant a lot that he was willing to try it out. 

DSC04984

Hall table, some assembly required. 

IMG_20121227_141953

Well, I figured Will would put the table together, but after a hard day's work on the deck, I knew the last thing he was going to want to do was assemble furniture, especially if it was anything like the last piece we got from Ikea. So....I decided to try to assemble it myself. It was super easy to put together, and the perfect fit for where I wanted it to go.

DSC04992

Then, I just needed to decide how to decorate it. I had the print of us made a few weeks ago and was hoping it would eventually go in the hallway. The candles and candlesticks I got from Pier 1 with a Christmas gift card from my MIL. I pulled the basket out of our unused decorations in the 3rd bedroom, and grabbed the pottery off another shelf. Then, I just needed something small in the middle. I tried this wedding gift from my dad (one of my favs!)....


DSC04991

then I tried this glass container with some colored rocks (also from Pier 1)....

DSC04990

but I think I decided I liked this "B" that was originally in Will's bachelor pad.

DSC05006

Then, my sweet husband hung this awesome mirror I picked up at TJ Maxx this week, and we are done!

DSC05007

I can't help but smile everytime I want through the hallway now. Up next in this space, a fresh coat of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment