Thursday, December 13, 2012

Before Pinterest

Whenever I have a creative project I want to consider or start to attempt, my go to is Pinterest. I know it's only been around for a few years, but already it is part of my routine for new or creative ideas. 

However, there was a time when people had to be creative before Pinterest. Enter my mom.

 At my parent's house, we have always had the most beautiful tree skirt. For years and years I just thought it was a pretty tree skirt they picked up one day. Then, I found out my mom actually made it. So, when I went out looking for a tree skirt when Will and I first started putting up our trees a few years ago, I realized nothing I could find would be as pretty as one my mom could make. 

 So....I asked her to make me one. About two years ago. And now, I have my own tree skirt!

  DSC04892 

 Part of what took so long was simply finding the type of fabrics we wanted to use, especially when it wasn't during the Christmas season. Then, there was a whole lot of cutting and sewing for my momma. But the end result is beautiful!

  DSC04893

It is so nice to have a proper tree skirt, and not just pile presents around the tree in an effort to hide our huge tree stand. Plus, this is something I can use for years and years and know that it was handmade by my mom!

DSC04894

Thanks mom! I love it!

1 comment: