Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Covert Ops Part 3

While Will was gone on his most recent business trip, I dusted off the paint brushes and got to work on a project I have been wanting to do for a while...paint the side tables in the guest room!

DSC06680

Before, they were these crappy little bachelor pad tables. Will used them in his college rooms forever and they needed some love. 

DSC06684

So, I moved them out to the sun room and got to work!

DSC06685

I decided to paint them white and distress them in order to match the white iron bed in the guest bedroom. 

DSC06689

I used white Annie Sloan chalk paint so I didn't have to sand or prep the surface at all. 

DSC06699

After two coats, I was ready to wax the furniture. My mother-in-law came over to help to help with this step

DSC06701

First, a coat of clear wax, then some dark wax to distress the surface. It was super simple!

DSC06709

Finished product!

DSC06710

I love it! Now, for some different lamps and curtains. Almost there with this room!

No comments:

Post a Comment