Friday, August 2, 2013

Covert Ops

So, my better half has been out of town on some business trips the past few weeks, and last weekend, I decided to get a little crazy. But, I didn't want to post anything. This was a covert mission. I decided to paint the hallway and kitchen. 

DSC06638

Now, the kitchen wasn't on my original plans for painting in the house. But, the more time I spent in the kitchen over-analyzing colors for the hallway, the more I noticed defects in the paint job in the kitchen. Not only were there general dings and the occasional crayon mark, but the ridges in the paneling weren't very well coated. 

DSC06639

So, I taped up the kitchen one day, and last Sunday, I told Will I was going to "take a nap". And instead, I painted. 

DSC06640

I know, I know, it's certainly not a drastic change. BUT, it made it feel so fresh and clean that I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

DSC06641

Halfway through the big wall!

DSC06645

All done!

DSC06643

Of course, I didn't tell Will. It was just more fun that way :) And eventually, he did notice. After I pointed it out, lol! But it doesn't matter, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment