Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Goals

Yup, the beginning of the year is the perfect time for goal setting, and I love a good list :) Like I said, 2014 was just a crazy crazy year in my life, and a lot of aspects of my life have been on the back burner, so I look at 2015 as a 'getting back on track' kinda year. So, here we go!

Projects in the Blackmon Home

  • Get new attic stairs and new front door. Let's not even talk about how feeble our current attic stairs are. I feel like I'm rolling the dice every time I need to store something in the attic.
  • Paint shutters (oh my goodness even I am tired of seeing this goal year after year...I have to do this in 2015)
  • Keep on keeping on with painting the trim. I have two bedrooms and 1 bathroom done....and seemingly a million more square inches of stupid trim in my house.
  • Paint and (finally) finish the 3rd bedroom.  This will require selecting a paint color,  so it's likely to take forever.
  • Finish off our master bed. We got a king sized bed at the end of last year, and we have sheets, a comforter, and a lot of pillows. We even got some new euro pillows and shams for Christmas this year that are a perfect match with the other decor. We do not, however, have things like a bed skirt or a headboard.
  • Finish some super cute crafts I have planned with some awesome old windows I got from one of my co-workers



Life Stuff

  • Continue to be more engaged in our local church. We still host small group at our house weekly, so I want to continue doing that and being involved at TCC.  
  • Read more! I only read like 5-6 books last year, which is horrible for me! I'm looking to get back to the 40-50 that I was at in previous years. 
  • Better work-life balance. This is such a struggle for me. I love my job, and I love my co-workers, and I honestly have fun at work, so it is difficult to set that aside after work time, but I have to.
  • Cook more! I do love cooking, just not the cleaning up part. We have eaten out entirely too much this year, and I need to get back in the kitchen more and try some new recipes. 
  • Spend more time with this guy. He's pretty awesome if you didn't know. :)


What about you friends?  

No comments:

Post a Comment