Monday, January 5, 2015

On the Backburner

So, as of November, we have been in the Blackmon abode for 3 years! That seems crazy to me! One of the first major projects we took on was the dining room. This was the very first room we painted, just a day or two after we moved in. Then, we sanded and painted all the dining room furniture and moved it in (total pain). You can see the progress here, here and here. And yes, I realize the last post was from 2012 and I am just now finalizing what to put in my hutch. What can I say, I put it on the backburner? 


Here was my clean slate quite a while back. 


I started with some plates my mother in law gave me to see if they would work in the space. I love them! 


Add in some cookbooks, some Mason jars, some TJ Maxx finds, some 'oldie but goodie' decorations, and some new presents, and its finally done!


My MIL just gave me this for my birthday. It says "And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord". I love this sweet reminder in our dining room. 


This is one of my favorite little decor pieces because of the story behind it. My dad gave this to me before Will and I got married. He thought that this verse captured what we were going through and how we felt about each other. 


A recent birthday present from Aunt Marcia! "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." - Hebrews 11:6 


And this awesome frame that my sweet boss Abby gave me for Christmas. I thought surely I had a spare 5x7 of Will and I to put in that, but apparently not. So...off to shutterfly I go to get one ordered! :)


Much better!


It feels so good to finally have this project completed! (minus the picture haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment