Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Remember the Alamo: Part 3 - Strange Sights

Needless to say, when we were in Alamo, we might have to travel for a while to get to where we needed to go. I mean, 15 minutes to a Subway, 40 minutes to a Kroger, over an hour to the nearest Suntrust, it adds up. 

The plus side to this was we got to see some really strange sights. And usually I had my camera with me :)

One of my absolute favorite pictures I took in South Georgia is this gem.           


I mean, really? High tech corridor? Great sign placement in front of that abandoned warehouse. Way to go. 



And don't forget the Gourd Farm!


We saw this on a backroads way to the lake and I about died laughing. Who knew this was even a thing?


We saw lots of cornfields down south. 


Alamo isn't a real stickler on it's stop sign placement. Ran this one a few times....


That's right, a faux Statue of Liberty right in the heart of McRae. Why? Who knows?



This is the Alamo City Limits sign. The only thing they have to brag about is the fact that they are "Home to the 1971 Class B Baseball Champs." Classy. 


Did you know school buses go to South Georgia to get chopped into lumber trucks? Cause it's true. 


At the local car yard/Jeep grave


These tires were about as tall as me, I would have needed a ladder. 


Rusty car portrait


Don't think they are going to get this one running again. 

There may have been a lot of less than ideal things about Alamo, but


 you sure did get to see some wide-open skies

Hope my look into south Georgia was fun and you got to see a taste of our lives down there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment