Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting Crafty!

So, the other day I was feeling crafty. I swung by AC Moore and grabbed some supplies to make us a fall wreath. I knew I wanted to use lots of orange, so I switched directions last minute and got some purple to make it a fall/Clemson wreath. I also wanted it to have our house number on it. I knew how I wanted it to look in my head, and was hoping I could make it happen. 



My supplies, although I didn't use the ribbon. 


There was only one problem with my plan. Our house number is 217, and I couldn't find a 1 to save my life. I looked a few different places, and finally Will suggested I just get an I. I thought that was a stupid idea, until he said he would cut off part of the serif and sand it down to make a one. For the $1 it cost to buy the wrong letter/number, it was totally worth it just to see if he could do it. 



And Will came through! Much better than I thought he could do. I guess I didn't have enough faith :)


After a few coats of orange paint on the numbers...


and some orange and purple flowers inserted in the grapevine wreath... 


We have a finished product! Now to get something to hang it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment