Monday, September 16, 2013

(Not So) Covert Ops

Things have been busy here at the Blackmon house! 

Two weekends ago, I decided it was time for another (not so) covert mission. Will and I had been talking about staining the deck at the end of summer/beginning of fall, and we (I) decided to go for it! When he was home, Will helped me get all the supplies ready to go for the next weekend. 

DSC05028

This was the deck before...

DSC06728

The beginning of the staining. The color was a ceder type color from Thompson's Water Seal. It turned out to be a little more red than we were thinking, but overall it turned out great!

DSC06729

Even though the hubby couldn't be there to help me, I did have two awesome helpers...his parents! I was so thankful for their help because otherwise, I would still be outside working on that deck!

DSC06731

Finished product! It turned out to be a great weekend to do it. Not too hot, not too cool, not too many leaves falling from the massive trees in our backyard to ruin the stain, and no rain!

DSC06744

Even though the color is a little different than we thought, I like it!

DSC06747

Finished product. Done just in time for a welcome home party for Will, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment