Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cultivating a Green Thumb

I was not born with a green thumb. Those who know my family would agree. My mom is great at a lot of things, but keeping plants alive is not necessarily one of them. However, my Papa is great at that kind of stuff.

So I had him come over this weekend and walk around the yard with me, showing me how to prune plants, transplant stuff and take care of all the beautiful plants in our yard.



Our neighborhood is blessed with beautiful azaleas and our yard is no exception. However, there were several dead azaleas and dead parts of others. I'll need to do some more pruning after they finishing blooming, especially with the ones in the backyard which are over 6 feet tall!



After he left, I get inspired and started picking up all the sticks in the yard and weeding some of the flower beds.

I feel like that looks like considerably less work than it felt like. :(

Super cute squirrel about to chase his friend up a tree. 




I'm so incredibly grateful for the beautiful starting point that our yard has and can't wait to keep working on my green thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment