Thursday, March 29, 2012

5 Year Olds and EZ Bake Ovens

Last weekend was my sweet cousin Campbell's 5th birthday. It is hard to believe that she has been in our family for 5 years now. I was so super excited to finally have my first cousin, and I can't imagine life without our cousins now.

Lately, Campbell has gotten really into cooking. She tries to help in the kitchen and loves watching the Food Network. So, naturally, my family wanted to get her the iconic EZ Bake Oven for her birthday.

She doesn't like her picture being taken much these days. 

Opening the EZ Bake Oven 




All set up!

Is it just me, or are those EZ Bake oven things total pieces of crap? You forget how little the pans are and how nasty the mixes are when you are 5. But, to a 5 year old, they are magical. Campbell was thrilled with the tiny cupcakes and the ball of cookie dough you were supposed to split up into 12 little cookies. 


Ready to pull out our cookies!


We (well, Campbell) had a blast with the EZ Bake Oven and I hope it isn't something that causes Allen and Carey too much trouble. However, Allen was always the uncle that gave us noisy and/or messy presents, so I guess turnabout is fair play :) 


And of course, we couldn't have a cousin post without little (big) Gatlin! What a cutie pie!




No comments:

Post a Comment