Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

Particularly in our backyard. After I promised myself I was not going to even think about the yard until some more stuff was taken care of inside the house, I went outside. It was a bad decision.

Our front yard is in pretty decent shape, other than a lot of moss growing in our front yard. And the need for mulch. Did I mention that mulching is my least favorite yard work related chore? Well it is.

However, our back yard is a little bit of a disaster. We have a fence that is pretty flimsy, a deck that is nasty looking, out of control weeds, too-tall bushes, and some stubborn bamboo. I foresee a lot of weekends spent fixing up this yard.

After talking with Will, we now have a game plan for what we want to accomplish this year, and what we feel like can wait until next year. Now we just have to find a free weekend to do it all!

Oh, I also wanted to give you a quick update on our 2012 goals!

1) Join and get plugged in at a church - Mission Accomplished! Will and I became partners at Renewal Church about a month ago. We are loving our new church family and excited for what the future might bring for us there. Renewal is a young church (in fact, we just turned 2 today) and we are about to have our Easter service in Falls Park in a few weeks! I can't wait!

2) Sign up for and run more races - Done! I ran the St. Patty's Day 5K with a group from work this weekend and Will and I signed up for the Cooper River 10K in two weeks. I also just upgraded my running shoes (apparently you aren't supposed to keep the same shoes for 2.5 years, who knew?) so I am really excited to get back into running

3) Dining room furniture - EWW! I have busted my butt this weekend to make a dent in the furniture. I finally have 6 chairs mostly done, and the table close to done. We are going to have to paint and poly the top of the table, but I think that by the end of next weekend, I can at least have a table and chairs to put in the dining room!

4) Complete guest room and invite people over - Check! Tommy and Hannah visited us a few weekends ago as you can see here and I am super happy about the way the guest room looks. The only thing left is to get Will's clothes out of their and into the armoire, but baby steps people!

5) Read more - Yay! I set the goal to read 40 books this year, and so far I have read 9. I just signed up for a library card to get more books and I am loving it! I also had a great accomplishment in terms of getting Will to read a book I love....He read The Hunger Games! And, he did it in like 5 days! And he liked it! It was so exciting for me to see him read it, I started reading it again for the 3rd time. And I still love it!

Later this week I'll come up with some additional goals since I have just about blown through all those!

No comments:

Post a Comment