Friday, February 3, 2012

Distracted

So, on a Friday night during basketball season, you already know that a girl like me is likely to be in the gym, watching my dad's basketball team. Last year, the team went undefeated and won the state title. It was incredibly exciting, but this year is a different team. I think the team is starting to really come into their stride.

Tonight was a key game against Southside. If they won by more than 2 points in regulation, they would take 3rd place in the region. They still have two more games to play to continue to move up.

While this was a critical game for the boys, I found myself a bit distracted. And I wouldn't have it any other way :)


You see, my cousins were in town. They live up the mountain about an hour away, and while it doesn't seem like a long drive, I don't get to see them as much as I would like to. This was only about the 3rd or 4th time I have seen Gatlin since he has been born, and those chubby cheeks were just calling my name. 


I got to eat dinner with Campbell and then hang out with her the first half. At the beginning of the second half, Allen, Carey, and Gatlin came by. At first, they were afraid that the kids would be too tired and fussy to  hang in for the rest of the game, and didn't know how Gatlin would handle the noise. Luckily, the kid isn't fazed by anything. The game was pretty heated for the 2nd half, as WHHS mounted a comeback. Even with the entire gym screaming around him, the little dude just sat there. 


I'm seriously obsessed with Gatlin's cheeks. They are adorable!



Sam and Braxton were there too, and luckily Sam toned things down a little around Campbell. However there were some awful calls and things got pretty heated in the game. The Southside coach got a technical foul and was thrown out or "put in timeout" as Campbell calls it. 

Ultimately, the boys pulled out a big victory tonight and we are pulling for them to keep it up! Unfortunately, I was just paying attention to a few other things during this game :)



No comments:

Post a Comment