Monday, April 16, 2012

Updates!

I set a few goals at the beginning of the year (you can see them here) and after looking at my progress, I decided it was time for an updated set of goals for me and the Blackmon home. Most of the things I need to do I have been putting off for a while, so maybe writing them down will give me the kick in the pants to actually get them done!

1) I need to get the stinkin' dining room furniture done! This stuff has been in the garage basically since we moved in, and I am slowly but surely making progress, but it is taking way too long. This spring has been crazy and I am hoping I can carve out some time at nights and on a weekend here soon to get this done.

2) Gardening. Hmm. I have a lot of plants that I picked up that needed to be planted. Like, this week. More to come on that. Hopefully I can keep some stuff alive. And my other plants need pruning bad. When I can't see out of my windows because of 7 foot tall azaleas, it's a problem.

3) Hallway. Currently, our hall is basically white, and is the next on my "to-paint" list. I just need to find the right color. Then comes putting together the other things I want like a small table, a runner rug, and some photos on the wall. Right now, we have a lot put together at each end of the hall, but I don't want to forget this important part of our house.

4) Our doors and shutters need some paint. They are hunter green, and I want them to be black. This will have to be a summer/fall weekend project when the door can be open all day. The last people to paint it closed the door too early and that is part of the reason it need to painted again, since it is flaking around that part of the door.

5. We need to make good use of that armoire we bought. That needs to be filled up with Will's clothing instead of the guest room closet, so we can use that to store stuff that should go there. Which leads me to my next goal...

6. The dreaded 3rd bedroom. The "let's just dump it into the 3rd bedroom" room. The "I don't feel like unpacking it now" room. And the paint/misc. storage room. 



It already looks a lot better than it did in these pictures, but there is still a lot more to go through. I want this room to have a purpose, perhaps get a desk and organize my craft and office things in here. Eventually we think we might remodel for this to be the master bedroom, since it has a gas fireplace and those great windows, but we will have to see. 

That's all for now, hopefully I can make some progress throughout the rest of the year and we can have most everything settled, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment